The REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Market Survey measures quarterly activity in the commercial real estate markets. The survey collects data from commercial REALTORS®. The survey is designed to provide an overview of market performance, sales and rental transactions, along with current economic challenges and future expectations.
2014.Q2 Survey Highlights
- 64% of commercial REALTORS® closed a sale.
- Sales volume rose 7% from a year ago.
- Sales prices increased 3% year-over-year.
- Cap rates averaged 8.3% during Q2.14.
- Leasing volume advanced 4% from previous quarter.
- Leasing rates increased 3% over previous quarter.
- Concession levels declined 5% on a quarterly basis.
- Inventory shortage topped the list of current challenges, followed by a tie between pricing gap and local economies.
- The estimated average transaction stayed level at $1.4 million in Q2.14.