St. Louis Public Radio, Jason Rosenbaum, 5/27
The St. Louis Economic Development Partnership unveiled its first strategic plan for St. Louis and St. Louis County.
The 33-page document lists the priorities for the agency, which was established last year, when portions of the city and the county economic development agencies merged.
Among the goals outlined in the strategic plan are:
- Supporting startups and the entrepreneurial community;
- Increasing foreign trade and investment;
- Advancing redevelopment of “strategic real estate assets,” such as the old Chrysler plant site or areas of north St. Louis County;
- Attracting immigrants to the St. Louis region;
- Retaining and expanding job opportunities, especially for young professionals.