The REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Market Survey measures quarterly activity in the commercial real estate markets. The survey collects data from commercial REALTORS®. The survey is designed to provide an overview of market performance, sales and rental transactions, along with current economic challenges and future expectations.
2013 Q3 Survey Highlights
- REALTOR® commercial markets maintained momentum in sales and leasing activity.
- Sixty-four percent of commercial REALTORS® closed a sales transaction.
- Sales volume rose 11 percent from a year ago.
- Sales prices increased 4 percent on a year-over-year basis.
- Cap rates averaged 9.2 percent during the third quarter.
- Leasing activity advanced 2 percent from the previous quarter.
- Rental rates increased 1.0 percent compared with the previous quarter.
- Concession levels declined 2.0 percent on a quarterly basis.
- Financing tied with pricing gap at the top of current challenges list, followed by shortage of inventory.
- The estimated average transaction rose from $1.0 million to $1.3 million from the prior quarter.